First graders begin their Bird PBL in mid-March. We have two field trips on the calendar for them:
Discovery Park on Friday, March 27th 9:30 to 2:00 pm
Magnuson Park on Tuesday, April 28th 9:30 to 2:00 pm.
We need parent drivers for these trips: If you can drive to one of these trips (first graders only) please email me and let me know how many children you can transport and how many car seats/boosters you have in your car. Full disclosure: I am a car seat safety fanatic so I like to check to see if things are installed correctly before our departure. If you are a driver you will need to give Mrs. Kirch a copy of your driver’s license and insurance card (ideally not the day of the field trip).
I am really looking forward to a long stretch of uninterrupted weeks of school. We have so many fun things planned for the students in room 106!!
- Thursday, March 5th-Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo
- Thursday, March 5th- Illustrator Carson Ellis visits QAE (first graders only)
- Friday, March 6th- School Choice Forms Due (if you have an incoming child you must submit this paperwork, siblings are not automatically enrolled in QAE)
- Friday, March 20th- QAE Benefit Auction. Buy tickets here: https://qae.schoolauction.net/auction2015/tickets/ticket_sales
- Friday March, 27th- First Grade Field Trip to Discovery Park
- April 1st- ParentNet meeting for all K-2 parents (6:30-8:30 PM at QAEl)
- April 13- 17th- Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 28th- First Grade Field Trip to Magnuson Park