I hope everybody had a relaxing break. It didn’t take us anytime at all to get back into the swing of things at school. There are only 34 days left of the school year, I can't believe it!!
In writing we just finished up opinion writing. Be sure to check out published pieces of writing in the hallway at school. Our next unit of study is fiction writing, which is always a kid favorite. I can’t wait to see what this creative group of kids comes up with.
In math, kinders are continuing to work on addition/subtraction. 1st graders will begin double digit addition/subtraction next week.
Our science focus this past week was on adaptation. We thought about animals/birds and how their body shape and size help them find/eat food. We began inventing an animal/bird that is suited to a certain habitat.
We need cereal boxes (large ones), and small Dixie cups.
The book, “A Kids Guide to Birding” arrived on Friday. There were 3 order-forms without names listed and the checks were sent before we realized it. If your child ordered a book and did not bring one home on Friday, please let me know.
- Monday, April 27th-May 1st Food Drive
- April 28th- 1st grade field trip to Magnuson Park (please pack a sack lunch).
- Wednesday April 29th- Digital Citizenship Discussion- 6:30-8:00pm.
- Thursday, May 28th- 1st graders present the Bird Symposium- 6pm.
- Tuesday, June 2nd- Whole Class Field Trip to Juanita Bay