Please enjoy this video of Dwankhosi Week at QAE!
It was a memorable week and we learned a great deal about our partner school in Zambia!! The 3rd, 4th and 5th graders have been talking about how QAE can participate in Dwankhozi Hope's “Raise for Maize Campaign.” Students at Dwankhosi experience a hungry season every Jan-Mar when crops stop growing due to the rainy season. With the help of donations from Dwankhosi Hope, the school is able to provide an additional meal at school to each child. The QAE 3-5th graders are asking fellow students to offer service to friends and family members in exchange for a Raise for Maize donation. Please check orange folders for more information.
1st graders just completed a subtraction unit, and will begin studying geometry this week.
Kinders are working on building/adding groups of numbers 11-20.
We are continuing on with non-fiction “How-To” books. The concept of introduction/conclusion will be presented.
Chris Lynch provided a fantastic presentation on Korea. We will be having presentations about Argentina and Germany this week. Our PBL is really helping students understand their place in the global community.
- Thur. Dec. 11th- Hour of Code (see Mr. Elliott’s blog for more info). http://principal.queenanneelementary.com/untitled/day-of-code-is-coming-again
- Fri. Dec. 19th- Room 106’s Holidays Around the World (info coming soon).
- Fri. Dec. 19th- Progress Reports go home.
- Fri. Dec. 19th- One hour early dismissal
- Mon. Dec. 22nd- Winter Break
- Mon. Jan. 5th- Welcome Back