I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Thank you for attending the fall conference - it is always so enlightening and fun to share and hear from families.
PBL (Project Based Learning)- Right before break we had our first guest speaker, Mariah Day, who spoke about her experiences in Kenya. The kids were captivated and learned a great deal about Kenya and how day-to-day life there differs from their own. It was an incredible presentation and we can’t thank her enough
If you have a personal connection or interest in another part of our world please let me know - there is no better way to bring our PBL to life than to see and hear from those within our own community. It could be something as simple as a slide-show, a read-aloud or even a movie- just say the word and we’ll find a time that works for you.
It is Dwankhosi week at QAE this week! We will be learning about Dwankhosi and talking with people in our community who have visited our partner-school in Zambia. You can learn more about Dwankhosi here: http://dwankhozi-qae.weebly.com/
I plan to post a blog with recommended apps for both reading and math- I am hoping to have it sent by the end of the week. Stay tuned!!
- Thursday Dec. 11th- Hour of Code at 9:40 (more info on this coming from Mr. Elliott)
- Friday Dec. 19th- Room 106’s Holidays Around the World Celebration (time and info TBD)
- Friday Dec. 19th- 1 hour early dismissal at 2:40
- Monday Dec. 22nd- Winter Break Begins, No School
- Monday Jan. 5th- Welcome Back!