What a wonderful week we had! We finished our study of Arnold Lobel, and the kids fell in love with Frog and Toad. They practiced bringing their endearing dialogue to life while reading aloud. 1st graders really enjoyed leading the kindergarteners through this unit of study. It was a beautiful thing to watch.
Kinder- Took their # 1-100 assessment Friday. Next week they begin a unit on comparing numbers. They will be comparing numbers and then finding their location on a number line (number train). In coming weeks kindergarteners will be solving addition/subtraction problems with a number line.
1st- Students worked hard on the making 10 strategy to solve addition problems. This was a tough concept for many. Next week we will practice solving addition facts by using a related doubles fact. For example: if you know 9+9=18 then you must also know that 9+8=17.
The zoo was so much fun for the kindergarteners. They especially loved seeing the world’s smallest deer, and making fabric. We are really looking forward to the African Animals PBL
1st graders spent the day on Thursday designing and creating their own catapults. I was blown away by their ingenuity. They were very encouraging of others and they persevered through many failed attempts. We were reminded of one of our favorite read aloud books- The Most Magnificent Thing.
I could use 1 more volunteer for the 1st grade field trip on the 27th of March. If you can attend, please let me know.
The students earned another party this week and chose "Milkshakes." We will be celebrating during snack time on Friday. Please let me know if your child has issues with dairy.
Have a great week!
- Tuesday, March 10 - Last Day to Purchase Auction Tickets
- Tuesday, March 10 - Auction Donation Items Due (QAE Main Office)
- Tuesday, March 10 - Auction Wine Donations Due (Lauren Haley)
- Wednesday, March 11, 7:00pm | PTSA Board Meeting
- Friday, March 20, 6:30pm | 5th Annual Benefit Auction
- Tuesday, March 24, 6:30am | Parent Ed Night: Dr. Laura Kastner
- Wednesday, March 25, 1:40pm | 2 Hour Early Dismissal
- Friday, March 27- 1st Grade Field Trip to Discovery Park